Sunday, June 7, 2009

What I have learnt over the semester

I have learnt so much since the beginning of this unit. Blogs, bookmarks,html coding, photo sharing, rss feeds, webpages and much more. Majority of the content I had never heard of let alone dabbled in. I have also realised how vast the www is. There are so many resources available text, sound and video. Blogs give everyone a voice on the net. They encourage dialogue about all topics. Blogs can be personal and intended for friends and family or for public viewing. I personally need to become more comfortable with the medium of sharing thoughts and opinions online. Delicious is a useful tool for saving all my fav sites and Flickr I can now use rather competently. Tags are common to both sites and are used for searching topics of interest.
Using iWeb to create web pages was a creative challenge. Putting together your own content and shifting layouts, you can easily spend alot of time working to achieve the look you want. I like the idea behind rss feeds they are straight to the point and good to use for backing up extra copies of files. Once you have subscribed to a feed you can read the headlines that are constantly being updated. Counters would be useful if you had a promotional site or blog. I have mastered the art of creating a link and will walk away with a new vocabulary including folksonomy, metadata ,geotagging, CSS, FTP and others already mentioned in this post. We were introduced to iview and podcasts that can streamed straight to your computer.

Everything I have learnt is absolutely relevant to right now. I really appreciated that aspect of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment